Please give Victoria James a warm welcome this morning! She dropped by the virtual offices to share a Top Ten list!
This has been a year of much excitement and many firsts! As I look back on my first year as a published author, I think back to all the people/things that have made this such a special year. These are all publishing/writing relating things (in case you’re wondering why my family isn’t mentioned here ;-)).
Top Ten Things I’m Most Grateful For Since Becoming a Published Author:
9. Takeout. There are some days, deadline days, when the food isn’t going to happen…
8. My characters, for continuing to inspire me. I guess I’d say that I write character-driven stories so character development is huge to me and I have to love each and every one of my heroes and heroines…if it weren’t for them, I wouldn’t be writing!
7. The behind-the-scenes people at Entangled who make all the magic happen.
6. Bloggers/Reviewers! Not only have I been fortunate that so many bloggers and reviewers have read my books, but they have also been so generous with their support.
5. My author friends. I have met some truly incredible people that continue to inspire me. Writing can be so isolating so finding people you can share your manuscripts with or know what you’re going through is so important.
4. My agent, for taking a chance on an unpublished author and going to bat for me, answering countless emails and questions.
3. My publisher, Entangled. They took a chance on a brand new author, bought five more manuscripts from me and support my vision.
2. My editor at Indulgence…I wouldn’t be here if she hadn’t picked up my first manuscript and offered to buy it. Since then she’s offered me such great advice and feedback on my work. I know for a fact that none of my books would be anywhere near where they are if it weren’t for her. A great editor is priceless!
1. My readers! This has been the biggest and best surprise. Not only am I grateful for everyone who buys a copy of my books, but that they reach out to me and send messages or leave reviews. Everyone is so busy, so when someone actually takes the time to contact me or leave a review it absolutely makes my day. Readers are definitely what I’m most grateful for since becoming published…
Thank you for sharing your Top Ten list with us, Victoria!
About the book:
An Entangled Christmas Classic …
Jackson Pierce didn’t make his fortune entertaining every half-cocked idea, especially one involving diaper changes. Not even the cute brunette who links him to the baby in her arms can crack his icy heart.A baby on the doorstep is the least of Hannah Woods’s problems—she has to find the baby’s uncle, or the child will end up in foster care. She sleuths her way to the reclusive CEO’s doorstep only to find six feet of holiday sexy—and a door slammed in her face. But when Jackson comes around and urges they marry for little Emily’s sake, Hannah finds herself falling for the jaded billionaire and wishing for a holiday miracle of their own…