Top Five Items in a Single Dad’s Supply Kit
Hi everyone! I’m here today to talk a little about my new book, Falling for Mr. Wrong, which features an adorable single dad (Ross Bencher), who is searching hard for someone stable and reliable to help him with his kids, and the completely unreliable and adventure-seeking woman he falls for. 🙂
Julie asked me to come up with the top five items that Ross would have in his Single Dad’s Supply Kit, which is a fabulous question. So, in order from least to most important, I give you Ross Bencher’s Top Five Items in his Single Dad’s Supply Kit:
5) Take out menus. As Ross himself acknowledges, "single parenting does not imply decent cooking" and he’s got no skills in the kitchen. At least, when it comes to cooking food. When it comes to other things two adults can do in a kitchen, he’s in another league completely…
He leaned her back against the counter and focused all his attention on her lips, caressing them to plump sensitivity before seeking further entry. When she did part for him, he created a slow web of seduction, all by delicately licking, stroking, and sucking the tender flesh of her mouth. By the time his lips began to trail a heated path down her neck, she was lost.
Utterly and completely lost.
4) Locks on doors. Need I say more?
3) An understanding ex-wife. Ross and his ex-wife Jenna have a great relationship–after all, they’ve been friends since high school, and still care about each other, though they’ve had to acknowledge that they weren’t marriage material. It’s Jenna who encourages Ross to go after Kelsey when it looks like he’s lost her completely, though at the time, he doesn’t feel quite so comfortable with her getting involved…
Being friends with your ex-wife was a good thing. Taking romantic advice from her was not.
2) Family. Ross is lucky enough to get support from his brother Brit and his wife Tori when they make a surprise appearance at the end of the book. And hey, they also happen to be built-in babysitters. Bonus!
1) A hot babysitter. On second thought, scratch that. It’s all well and good to fall for the nanny, but it does pose some significant logistical problems when you’re trying to arrange for private time.
Kelsey waited until Julia had disappeared before she allowed herself one last look at Ross. He rubbed the back of his neck.
“This is…um…hard,” he said.
“No kidding.” She laughed a little at the double entendre, forcing herself to sound calm even as her mind spun with frenetic energy. Hard? Try completely nuts. How in the world could they arrange for any kind of rendezvous? He had three kids.
Three. Kids. And it wasn’t as if they could hire a babysitter—she was the babysitter.
Now that I think about it, Ross might not have all the answers. :-) Any chance you all can help him out? What items would you put on the single dad’s supply list?
About the book:
Author: Inara Scott
Title: Falling for Mr. Wrong
Imprint: Entangled Indulgence
Release date: Nov 11, 2013
Looking for Mrs. Right…
Single father of three, Ross Bencher, knows the kind of woman he wants: someone predictable, reliable, and safe, who can give his kids the security they deserve. Someone entirely different from high-altitude mountaineer Kelsey. Kelsey bewitches him with her long legs and wild passion and is about as far from his ideal as a woman can get, but try telling that to his body. Or his heart…
When Kelsey agreed to fill in as a temporary nanny for her best friend’s agency before a big climbing expedition, she had no idea she’d be working for drop-dead sexy Ross Bencher, a man she can’t seem to keep her hands off. She knows if she wants to bring herself—and her father—back alive from the Himalayan Mountains, she can’t afford second-guessing, attachments, or distractions. But Ross’s blue eyes and strong hands leave her gasping…and questioning everything she’s ever known about love…
About the author:
Bestselling author Inara Scott grew up on a steady diet of true love, heaving bosoms, and happily ever after. Romance inspired her first novel, penned at the age of 14, titled A Wild and Stormy Passion. Today, Inara writes anything and everything, including young adult fiction and adult romance. Inara loves to hear from readers, and can often be found avoiding actual work by playing on Twitter (@inarascott) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/inarawrites).