Please welcome Tessa Bailey to the virtual offices! Tessa is here to share her Top Ten Cop Movies! After, enter to win a copy of her smokin’ hot His Risk to Take! Please check back later this morning to read my review, too!
Top 10 Cop Movies by Tessa Bailey
Author of PROTECTING WHAT’S HIS and HIS RISK TO TAKE
Hi Julie, thanks for having me! So happy I could stop by to talk about my favorite cop movies in honor of my latest book, His Risk to Take, part of my Line of Duty series for Brazen.
1. The Other Guys – Any movie starring Will Ferrell is an automatic favorite. Throw in Mark Wahlberg and you’ve got yourself a winner.
2. The Inside Man – I actually watched this movie recently as research for my series. It involved a hostage negotiation and the NYPD Emergency Services Unit, which my heroes belong to in the Line of Duty series. There’s a great twist at the end – and you gotta love Denzel J
3. End of Watch – Saw this one recently. I was more a fan of the format and originality of the film. It takes place over the course of almost a decade, focusing on two partners in the LAPD. Sweet, sad, funny.
4. Turner and Hooch – A classic. I watched this movie a zillion times growing up. A big loveable dog and Tom Hanks. It’s like an instant pick-me-up.
5. Mystic River – So dark and twisty, but it’s an incredible story. My favorite thing about this movie is the ending. Nothing is actually resolved and the bad guy doesn’t learn his lesson or face consequences. It’s scary and refreshing at the same time.
6. The Usual Suspects – Hysterical and incredibly smart – plus I love Kevin Spacey.
7. The Departed – I LOVE this movie. Such incredible acting…and God, I love me some Matt Damon. There’s just something about that Boston accent.
8. Point Break – I have memories of watching this movie on Sunday mornings with my dad. It’s almost like the movie should be classified as terrible, but you have too much fun watching it to care. And come on, you have to love Swayze.
9. Training Day – Another Denzel movie. Rookie cop gets paired with veteran who isn’t what he seems. There’s a lot of twists and turns – such a great movie.
10. The Boondock Saints – I’m kind of a fan of stories about vigilante justice and this is one of the best. Two brothers take the law into their own hands. It’s totally a classic.
Thank you, Tessa, for sharing your Top 10 cop movies with us!
Ready for your chance to win His Risk to Take? Just fill out the widget below.
Visit Tessa’s website – www.tessabailey.com
About the book: