Please welcome Terry Spear, author of A Highland Werewolf Wedding, to the virtual offices today! Terry is here to share her favorite things! Afterwards, you can win a copy her previous Highlander Wolf book, A Howl for a Highlander.
My Top 10 Favorite Things by Terry Spear
10. Purple flowers—In Dreaming of the Wolf, the hero, Jake, loves to take pictures of Colorado wildflowers, and one of them is purple Shasta daisies. The cover artist even kept that in mind by making a purple cover.
Lavender, lilacs, heather, and thistle filled clear glass vases in the wedding service the hero, Cearnach attends in A Highland Werewolf Wedding, and the heroine, Elaine is so impressed, she knows one day she’ll want purple flowers for her wedding, too.
9. Ancient castles—I loved the castle ruins especially. When I visited the one that is featured in A Highland Werewolf Wedding, I felt one with the ruins. It’s supposed to be one of the most haunted, and yet I felt as though I belonged there. Maybe in the way distance past, some of my Scottish ancestors had married into the family and lived there. Elaine also feels a connectedness to the castle ruins overlooking the Irish Sea. And that’s why I set the story in that forlorn, lovely place where spirits of men and women still roam.
8. Chocolate—dogs can’t eat chocolate. But since my werewolves are part human, they definitely like chocolate. But even better than straight chocolate? Haviland Thin Mints. Yum. They only come out during the Thanksgiving/Christmas season, so they’re a treat! And in A SEAL Wolf Christmas (October 2013), you’ll learn how they get the heroine in trouble.
7. Irish Cream—I’m part Irish, so I love my Irish Cream! When we were in Scotland, the ladies were trying to decide on something to drink. I said, “Irish Cream!” I know it was Scotland, but we are all part Scot and part Irish so it seemed the right thing to do.
6. Water—I love the water—lakes, ocean, the Gulf. If you’ve read Savage Hunger (the first book in my Heart of the Jaguar series), do waterfalls remind you of anything? Pools, ponds. Crystal clear aqua water is the best, but I’ll take all kinds of other types, just to be near it.
5. Forests—I live in a cornfield. When the stalks are high, it’s like a forest and as the wind rustles the cornstalks, it sounds like the pine forests I lived near in Oregon and California and Florida. I love planting trees where I am now and trying to create a forest to cool me in the hot sun. My wolves all love the forests too. They provide protection for them when they run as wolves. Cearnach and Elaine are forced to run as wolves in A Highland Werewolf Wedding, and woods help to protect them while they try to reach shelter. Taking hikes in the woods is something that I love doing.
4. Writing—of course! I LOVE creating new stories. I think about stories all the time. It’s fun bringing characters and their troubles to life, giving them a romantic to-die for interest, and a happily-ever-after.
3. Creating teddy bears—I started making them about 20 years ago and they were featured in magazines and won awards. Like characters in a book, the bears each have their own unique personality.
2. Photography—I love taking pictures of flora and fauna. I could never paint pictures as much as I’d love to, and so for me, photography is a way of capturing beautiful images in all their glory forever.
1. READING—I’m as addicted to writing as I am to reading!!! If I can’t write for a day, I’m in withdrawal. The same with reading!!! I now have a Nook, but the last plane trip I took where I didn’t bring enough books to read, I had to stop in an airport gift shop and stock up!
Thank you, Terry, for sharing your favorite things!!
Ready for a chance to win A Howl for a Highlander (Terry’s previous Highlander Wolf book). US and Canadian addresses only. Just fill out the widget to enter.
You can purchase Terry’s book by clicking the links below
About the book:
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
USA Today bestselling author Terry Spear has written over two dozen paranormal romance novels and medieval Highland historical romances. She has received incredible praise for her romances, including Heart of the Wolf named a Publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year. A retired officer of the U.S. Army Reserves, Terry also creates award-winning teddy bears that have found homes all over the world. She lives in Crawford, Texas, where she is working on her next paranormal romances! For more information, please visit www.TerrySpear.com.