Jennifer Shirk hijacked the virtual offices to share her favorite romantic books with you! How does her list stack up against yours?
HI, all! Jennifer here.
Valentine’s Day is past, but if you’re a romance reader love is ALWAYS in the air. (Or at least we want it to be, which is why we read these books in the first place!)
I have a sweet romantic novella out now called A Little Bit Cupid, which I think is VERY romantic since it centers around the premise of love at first sight.
But everybody has different feelings on what is classified as "romantic", so I thought it would be fun to show you my Favorite Romantic Books–especially for those who haven’t read my books or don’t know me.
Maybe we even share some of the same personal favs! Check them out below!
Jennifer’s Top Ten Most Romantic Books
10) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (a classic and one of those romances that obviously goes way beyond just mere good-looks attraction)
9) Forgive my Fins by Tera Lynn Childs (a funny YA, but one where even though these two come from different worlds, they are meant to be together. Very sweet.)
8) Catch of the Day by Kristan Higgins (the hero Malone was not your "all talk and no action" kind of guy. In fact, he was the opposite–but actions speak WAY louder than words)
7) Blue-eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas (boy, oh boy, this hero was HOT and noble and knew exactly how to romance the poor "broken" heroine)
6) Jewel of the Sun by Nora Roberts (love a big old Irish hero with heart of gold)
5) The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen (melancholy story but emotional and romantic YA)
4) Perfect by Judith McNaught (gorgeous hero kidnaps heroine to prove his innocence and they end up falling in love–perrrrrrrfect!)
3) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (do I really need an explanation on this one?)
2) Honey Moon by Susan Elizabeth Phillips (two tortured characters but together they’re able to heal one another. LOVE this book!)
1) Rainshadow Road by Lisa Kleypas (Sam was so sure of himself and so sure he wouldn’t fall in love with the heroine. They even would make sure to tell each other daily "I don’t love you." Ha! Love it when the hero gets bamboozled. )
Well, that’s my list and I’m sticking to it. I hope you all get to check out these books as well as my book A Little Bit Cupid.
Thanks so much for having me today!
What’s your favorite romance book? Have you read any of the books on my list?
Thanks, Jennifer, for sharing your Top Ten Romantic Reads with us!
About Jennifer Shirk: Jennifer Shirk has a bachelor degree in pharmacy–which has in NO WAY at all helped her with her writing career. But she likes to point it out, since it shows romantic-at-hearts come in all shapes, sizes, and mind-numbing educations.
She writes sweet (and sometimes even funny) romances for Samhain Publishing, Avalon Books/Montlake Romance and now Entangled Publishing. She won third place in the RWA 2006 NYC’s Kathryn Hayes Love and Laughter Contest with her first book, The Role of a Lifetime.
Lately she’s been on a serious exercise kick. But don’t hold that against her.
Connect with Jennifer here:
About A LITTLE BIT CUPID: Finding love should be easy, but wedding photographer Pheobe Ward knows better. When Cupid shows up on a crazy mission to help her —and save the world in the process—Phoebe realizes love might be even more complicated than she thought. Even with Cupid showing her Mr. Right , she can’t stop thinking about his best friend, Mr. Wrong.
Cal Crawford has never had time for love, but now he’s falling for Phoebe. Which means it’s got to be just plain wrong to set her up with his best friend, right? But even though seeing Phoebe with someone else will break his heart, he can’t walk away from her.
Phoebe can’t afford to choose the wrong guy with the fate of the world at stake. But maybe Cupid has it wrong. Maybe she has to rely just a little bit on Cupid, and a whole lot more on her heart.
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-little-bit-cupid-jennifer-shirk/1114144344?ean=2940015995244&itm=1&usri=a+little+bit+cupid
Books on Board: http://www.booksonboard.com/index.php?BODY=viewbook&BOOK=1455229&TITLE=A+Little+Bit+Cupid&AUTHOR=Jennifer+Shirk
iTunes Bookstore: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/a-little-bit-cupid/id593745761?mt=11
A LITTLE BIT CUPID on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17244482-a-little-bit-cupid