KL Hallam dropped by the virtual offices to share a Top 5 list!
Five things Jackson never leaves home without.
1. His cell phone, though not a fancy phone, it serves him no good taking it with him into the mountains where there’s no reception.
2. He’s rarely without his girl, Brianna. Together a year now, she’s not with him at the lodge. Two weeks is the longest they ‘ve been apart.
3. Checking the Football stats, local, state, and national.
4. Making breakfast for his fifteen year-old, brother, Artie. Or at least he tries to.
5. A few push ups and pull ups, to get his blood moving, and then a shower.
About the book:
There is nothing darker than the woods, until you meet your worst fear.
Jackson Bower has a lot on his mind lately. His younger brother hasn’t been the same since his mother’s death. His father’s drinking is out of control. Then there’s Jackson’s girlfriend and the grief that ties them together even as it threatens to drive them apart.
He distances himself, hoping for a little perspective at the family lodge. But when their father gets drunk and dangerous, he and his brother escape into the woods.
Night creeps in, and the rains come fast. Artie slips down a ravine. He’s wounded and the brothers seek shelter in a cave, only to find someone else already taking refuge there.
A desperate man with plans to destroy their town.
Jackson must get him and his wounded brother out of the cave and over the mountain to warn everyone in time. Without getting them both killed first.
Meet the Author:
K.L. Hallam, an air force brat as a young child, who moved around to more schools than she can list, gathering the stories that would connect to her heart. She writes MG, YA, and short fiction, or anything she hasn’t tried, a member of SCBWI, a singer and songwriter, illustrator and mother of two teenagers. She lives in New York City and spends her mornings writing in a Jazz club.