Please welcome Wendy S Marcus to the virtual offices this morning!
First off a great big thank you to Manga Maniac Café for hosting today’s blog post promoting my Loveswept Contemporary Romance, Loving You Is Easy. In the story, the hero, Shane, is a soldier in the U.S. Army who returns home wounded. I’ve been asked to discuss five things Shane would never have in his rucksack. So here goes:
1) Porn – Since getting four full color, sexy pictures from his pen pal, Brooke, Shane has no desire to look at any woman but her. Those long, slender legs. That firm, perfectly rounded ass. Hot damn, gets him worked up every single time.
2) Pre-packaged/commercially produced baked goods – Shane’s mother loves to bake, and he grew up with a constant supply of delicious, fresh-baked cakes, pies and cookies. To this day she still makes sure he never goes without her tasty treats, even while he’s overseas. (Good thing he likes to work out or he’d be big as a house!)
3) A book – Shane’s more of an action guy than a reader. He prefers doing to reading about other people doing – especially where sex is concerned.
4) Lotion – Guys are tough and their skin should be tough. Now Shane believes lotion has its uses. Like foreplay, to get his hands on the soft, delicate skin of a woman’s back and shoulders. Or in a pinch, for a massage of a more personal nature, like when a man is away at war for months at a time. But he’d never let lotion take up valuable space in his ruck.
5) A camera – At the beginning of Loving You Is Easy Shane is in his fourth tour of combat duty in Afghanistan. The horrible images of all he has seen during years at war are forever burned into his memory – no matter how hard he’s tried to get rid of them. He does not need pictures to remember.
And now a question for you, if you had to go away for a long journey and all you could pack is one rucksack, what are the top five things you would definitely, without a doubt, take with you? Remember, they have to fit in your ruck!
Loving You is Easy
By: Wendy S. Marcus
Releasing December 9th, 2014
She’s a survivor of the front lines of politics. He’s a wounded soldier returning home from the battlefield. Can they place their trust in the power of love?
Nobody plays the role of perfect politician’s daughter better than quiet, respectable math teacher Brooke Ellstein. But she won’t be caught swimming with the sharks again, not after the son of a wealthy donor sinks his teeth into her and gets away with it. Still, political connections have their perks, such as heading up the governor’s “Support Our Troops” pen-pal initiative—and getting first dibs on the smoking-hot sergeant whose picture shakes her right down to her goody-two-shoes.
When corresponding with sweet, classy Brooke, Shane Develen instinctively hides his commando tattoos and blue-collar roots—and he can tell that she’s hiding something, too. But Shane knows he’s gained her trust when Brooke gives him a blisteringly sexy photo. Then he’s injured in an ambush and a fellow soldier posts the snapshot online. Overnight, Brooke’s reputation turns to ashes. Even though he’s totally wrong for her, Shane shows up on Brooke’s doorstep, determined to set things right—and discovers that right or wrong has nothing on the chemistry they share.
Link to Follow Tour: http://www.tastybooktours.com/2014/09/loving-you-is-easy-by-wendy-s-marcus_27.html
Wendy S. Marcus is an award-winning author of contemporary romance. A nurse by trade, Wendy holds a Master of Science in Health Care Administration, a degree that does her absolutely no good as she now spends her days, nights, and weekends mucking around in her characters’ lives creating conflict, emotion, and, of course, a happily ever after. Wendy lives in the beautiful Hudson Valley region of New York. When she’s not writing, she enjoys spending time with her family, which includes her dog Buddy, and blogging/e-mailing/tweeting/facebooking with her online friends.
Rafflecopter Giveaway ($25.00 eGift Card to Choice Book Seller and Loveswept Mug & Tote)