Special guest Sara Humphreys shares five reasons why vampires are hotter than werewolves. What do you think?
Why Vamps are Hotter Than Werewolves by Sara Humphreys
Trying to choose between vamps and werewolves isn’t easy, especially since I write about and like both. But since the hero of VAMPIRE TROUBLE is a vampire…I’m playing on Team Vampire today.
Here are my Top 5 Reasons Why Vamps are Hotter Than Werewolves.
1. Flying: The vamps in my paranormal world can fly and if I could have a supernatural power, that’s the one I’d want. You never have to sit in traffic again or pay outlandish airline fees. It’s a win.
2. Immortality: While the werewolves in my world live an exceptionally long time and age almost imperceptibly, they aren’t immortal. Vampires live forever and they don’t age. Not a bad gig if you can get it.
3. Bloodmates: I adore the idea of true love and fate. It’s a romantic notion to think that we all have one perfect person out there who is exactly the right fit for us. A lid for every pot and all that jazz. Werewolves mate for life but it’s not quite the same thing as having someone who will literally blood-bond with you. Not only that, if a vamp finds their Bloodmate then both become Daywalkers. Bonus!
4. Having a Maker: The bond between a maker and their progeny is unique and unbreakable. They say that you can’t choose your family but a maker actually does exactly that. They take great care in deciding who they will turn vampire and bond to them forever. A maker will do anything for their progeny–including lay down their life. When you are made vampire, you have someone who will always have your back.
5. Telepathy: Other than flying, I think telepathy would be a badass supernatural power. Vampires can communicate telepathically with their maker, siblings, and progeny but if they bond with their Bloodmate…then they can only telepath with them. Being able to secretly communicate with your lover in the middle of a crowded room is a sexy scenario. Oh the possibilities…..
About the book:
“Sara Humphreys has taken the vampire mythology and truly made it her own.” —Romancing the Dark Side
A fledgling vampire ignites a war…
Maya remembers the last moments of her life as a human with haunting clarity, and every man she meets pays the price…until Shane. Finding herself in the middle of a bloody fight between vampires and werewolves, Maya has no choice but to let the devastatingly sexy vampire guard get close to her.
And that’s not all that heats up…
Shane Quesada, a four-century-old vampire sentry, is known for his cold, unemotional precision, but once Maya begins to invade his dreams, his world is changed forever. His job to protect her is swiftly replaced by the all-consuming need to claim her as his own.
Praise for Tall, Dark, and Vampire:
“Shines with fascinating new characters… from the very talented Humphreys!” —RT Book Reviews, 4½ Stars, Top Pick of the Month
“Laughter, action and a steamy love story.” —Long and Short Reviews
“Riveting, outstandingly written… A must read for all vampire lovers.” —Bitten by Love Reviews
“Engaging… Humphreys skillfully blends intrigue and romance.” —Publishers Weekly
US addresses only, please