Jumping on the bandwagon, here are some goals that I have set for myself for 2011.
1. Read & review more books! I am getting behind on my manga series, so I am going to make a greater effort to catch up. I also purchased a ton of books in 2010, and I have only read few of them. I want to concentrate on reducing the backlog in my TBR.
2. Use time more wisely. This one is going to be hard, because I waste a ton of time on Twitter. I have also allowed myself to get addicted to Angry Birds, which is an insidious time suck. I need to limit the amount of time I spend on these diversions.
3. Stay focused. This one is hard, too, because I have the attention span of a very small bug. Really. Sometimes it is hard for me to stay on track and complete a task in a timely fashion.
4. Get organized. I have made a lot of progress with this in the last few weeks, but I need to do more to keep things running smoothly on the blog and in real life. When I finish reading a book, I need to review it right then, instead of letting them pile up on the corner of the desk. I need to keep better track of release dates when scheduling reviews, and I also need to keep my Goodreads account updated with reviews.
5. Become more active in the blogging community. I follow a lot of blogs, and I read a lot of reviews and posts, but I don’t always make the time to comment on them. I will try to do a better job with this, though it is a challenge because I work so many hours.
6. Read more titles outside of my comfort zone. The library has helped with this, and I have discovered a love of zombies and picture books. I have also started reading more Middle Grade books, thanks to suggestions from the helpful librarians at Wixom Public Library.
7. Offer a greater variety of content. I want to do more than just write reviews, but I don’t have the confidence to write more editorial pieces. I also love doing author interviews, but sometimes I feel awkward approaching authors to participate in them, which leads to #8…
8. Take more risks! I am so conservative and reluctant to stir up the waters, and that needs to change. I am an introvert by nature, which is why I love books so much, but I need to be more social. This will be the hardest goal to conquer.
My number one goal for 2011 in my personal life is to eat healthier. I have a love for Mexican food, Indian buffets, and ramen noodles, which is so not good for me!
What are your goals for the New Year?