Amber Hart dropped by with a guest post and a giveaway to celebrate the release of Captured by You. Enjoy!
5 WAYS TO GET YOUR FICTION BOOK PUBLISHED
Stories need a lot of work to get to the publishing stage. Like, a whole lot. There’s an ocean of books out there and it’s hard to tell how, exactly, to become one of them. There’s not a “right” way, per say, but the general census boils down to these five things. Read more
[Manga Maniac Cafe] Good morning, Allegra! Describe yourself in five words or less.
[Allegra Jordan] A generative, generous listener.
[Manga Maniac Cafe] What’s one thing you won’t leave home without?
[Allegra Jordan] Nothing. One of my greatest joys is walking outside and being fully present in nature.
[Manga Maniac Cafe] Name three things on your desk right now. Read more
May Contain Spoilers
I purchased His Favorite Cowgirl during an Harlequin sale, based solely on the cover. There’s a cowboy. And a cowgirl. Sometimes that’s all the motivation I need to read a book! Read more
I have a spotlight and giveaway for Love in the Time of Scandal by Caroline Linden. Enjoy!
Love in the Time of Scandal
Scandalous # 3
By: Caroline Linden
Releasing May 26, 2015
The third book in a deliciously sexy series from USA Today bestselling and RITA award winning author Caroline Linden, in which an utterly shocking book–Ffty Shades of Grey for the Regency era– has all of London talking and gives more than one young miss a mind for scandal.
Penelope Weston does not like Benedict Lennox, Lord Atherton. He may be the suave and charming heir to an earl, as well as the most handsome man on earth, but she can’t forget how he abandoned a friend in need-nor how he once courted her sister, Abigail. He’s the last man she would ever marry. If only she didn’t feel so attracted to the arrogant scoundrel… Read more
Tina Leonard is celebrating the release of Last of the Red-Hot Riders. Read her guest post and enter the giveaway below!
Tina’s Top Five Guilty Pleasures
1. Time on a Florida beach. I was born in Pensacola, so my husband says I’m a salmon, I have to go “home” at least once a year. But there’s almost no place that makes me happier than the ocean!
2. Kindle reading. Argh! I used to have to wait for reading a great book, but not any more! And audible books, omg. If I’d had these things when I was a kid, I wouldn’t have had to hide in the closet at night to read!
3. Expensive shoes, one pair a year. Thankfully, my husband understands this tiny, expensive, foible of mine.
4. Santa Fe. Churches. Historical stuff. I can’t help it, there’s something about churches and history that calls to me. Santa Fe is a place where I felt it all coming together for me. We went to El Santuaria de Chimayo and dug holy dirt out of a hole. There’s something about walking in Willa Cather’s footsteps, too, that called to my spirit. I can get so lost in books about history.
5. China. And jewelry. Fragile things. Anything British, like Britcoms and P.G. Wodehouse. I know this is eclectic for a guilty pleasure, but teacups, teapots, jewelry—these things are catnip for me. I had a friend send me a necklace handmade in Africa and I love it. My son brought back a ceremonial collar, worn around the neck, from Kenya, that the Masai warriors wear. I love these things that people make. I also have several teapots, one made in Ireland with an Irish pattern on it that I adore. I guess I’m an old-fashioned girl, but I love things with beauty and sentiment attached to them! Read more
May Contain Spoilers
I love Donna Alward’s writing, but I haven’t read much of her work outside of her Harlequins. When I saw that Into the Fire had an animal shelter, I had to read it. This is a quick read, with a hero who isn’t afraid to admit that he has made some mistakes, and a heroine with self-esteem issues. I really enjoyed it. Read more
This morning, I have an excerpt and giveaway for Lady Sarah’s Sinful Desires. Enjoy!
Lady Sarah’s Sinful Desires
Secrets at Thorncliff Manor # 1
By: Sophie Barnes
Releasing April 28, 2015
Welcome to Thorncliff Manor, where London’s elite mix, mingle, and may even find their heart’s desire…
There are thousands of things Christopher, Viscount Spencer, would rather do than hunt for a bride, especially since experience has taught him that women are not to be trusted. Then he finds the intriguing Lady Sarah scrambling around in Thorncliff’s conservatory and he is instantly charmed by her passionate nature. But why is she so intent on avoiding him? Read more
May Contain Spoilers
Once a Champion pushed all the right buttons for me. Both the heroine and hero are wounded in believable ways, and both are struggling to make sense of their new realities. Matt is an aging rodeo star with a torn up knee, a will to compete that won’t die, and no other options in life. He refuses to take good advice and retire for the sake of his body. He knows that he has at least another good season in front of him, if only he can work past his injury. Liv has been raised to always be agreeable, to always give in to other people’s happiness, despite how unhappy it makes her. She has been drilled that she must always compromise for the sake of family and relationships, until that doesn’t work for her any more. And what draws the line in the sand for her? An injured horse that she refuses to give up on. Read more