Amber Hart dropped by with a guest post and a giveaway to celebrate the release of Captured by You. Enjoy!
5 WAYS TO GET YOUR FICTION BOOK PUBLISHED
Stories need a lot of work to get to the publishing stage. Like, a whole lot. There’s an ocean of books out there and it’s hard to tell how, exactly, to become one of them. There’s not a “right” way, per say, but the general census boils down to these five things. Read more
Tina Leonard is celebrating the release of Last of the Red-Hot Riders. Read her guest post and enter the giveaway below!
Tina’s Top Five Guilty Pleasures
1. Time on a Florida beach. I was born in Pensacola, so my husband says I’m a salmon, I have to go “home” at least once a year. 🙂 But there’s almost no place that makes me happier than the ocean!
2. Kindle reading. Argh! I used to have to wait for reading a great book, but not any more! And audible books, omg. If I’d had these things when I was a kid, I wouldn’t have had to hide in the closet at night to read! 🙂
3. Expensive shoes, one pair a year. Thankfully, my husband understands this tiny, expensive, foible of mine.
4. Santa Fe. Churches. Historical stuff. I can’t help it, there’s something about churches and history that calls to me. Santa Fe is a place where I felt it all coming together for me. We went to El Santuaria de Chimayo and dug holy dirt out of a hole. There’s something about walking in Willa Cather’s footsteps, too, that called to my spirit. I can get so lost in books about history.
5. China. And jewelry. Fragile things. Anything British, like Britcoms and P.G. Wodehouse. I know this is eclectic for a guilty pleasure, but teacups, teapots, jewelry—these things are catnip for me. I had a friend send me a necklace handmade in Africa and I love it. My son brought back a ceremonial collar, worn around the neck, from Kenya, that the Masai warriors wear. I love these things that people make. I also have several teapots, one made in Ireland with an Irish pattern on it that I adore. I guess I’m an old-fashioned girl, but I love things with beauty and sentiment attached to them! Read more
This morning I have a guest post and a giveaway for Emma Cane’s Ever After at Sweetheart Ranch. Enjoy!
Must Haves for a Romantic SWEETHEART RANCH Picnic
By Emma Cane, author of EVER AFTER AT SWEETHEART RANCH
By now you’ve seen the lovely cover of EVER AFTER AT SWEETHEART RANCH: those beautiful mountains of the Colorado Rockies, a ranch in the distance, and Lyndsay and Will sharing a picnic lunch. Lyndsay is a math teacher with a secret: she’s written a romance novel and accidentally based the hero on Will, a hard-working cowboy with a tragedy in his past. They deserve the lovely and serene moment depicted on the cover—dare I say it’s romantic? Well…looks can be deceiving. Let me tell you about the must-haves for a picnic on Will’s ranch. Read more
Olivia Miles stopped by with a Top 5 and a giveaway to celebrate the release of A Match Made on Main Street!
5 items you won’t find in Mark’s kitchen
1. A framed family photo
4. His father’s apron
5. Anna…until now. Read more
Angela Addams is celebrating the release of Spell Weaver, the latest in the Order of the Wolf series. I’ve read the first two books and enjoyed them quite a bit. Now’s your chance to learn about the series, as well as enter for a chance to win a copy of Wolves’ Bane.
Welcome to The Order of the Wolf series: where a battle rages and you must choose which side you’re on. Like the fated Huntresses, each book demands that you pick a side, werewolf or Hunter and determine the fate of man and beast. Lines are blurred and depending on what book you’re in, you just never know who a Huntress will choose.
5 things you should know about The Order of the Wolf series by Angela Addams
Please give a warm welcome to Ashlyn Macnamara! She’s here to celebrate the release of What a Lady Requires. Be sure to enter the giveaway below!
Top Five Ways a Couple Might Get Off on the Wrong Foot by Ashlyn Macnamara Read more
This morning I have a note from Jodi Thomas, as well as a giveaway for her latest release, One True Heart. This is Book 8 in the Harmony series, and I’ll have a review later this morning.
From Jodi Thomas:
Welcome to ONE TRUE HEART. Like waiting for fine chocolate, this book is one you will not want to miss. For me the story is always about the people and I loved writing this story. This one started at a real place I know well, the Amarillo airport where one night a man and a woman meet by accident. She’s exhausted and on crutches. He offers her a ride to Harmony. She’s a trained soldier and sees this professor type in glasses as no threat. Only, while she sleeps, he steals a kiss. Read more
This morning I have a guest post and giveaway for Paula Quinn’s latest, The Scandalous Secret of Abigail MacGregor.
Top 5 distractions while working on a deadline by Paula Quinn
Everything is a distraction when I’m working on a deadline. The worst are:
2. Arrow (The T.V. show. Have you seen it? Have you seen Stephen Amell?)
3. My dogs. The seem to know when I’m on a deadline and want all my attention.
4. Journaling—I love to write!